The Peoria Humane Society helps to fund a low-cost spay and neuter program for residents of Peoria County. If you meet our income requirements, you can have your dog or cat spayed or neutered for only $68! This includes a rabies shot and registration tag.
1. You must provide your past year's IRS form or an approved proof of income, identification showing your current Peoria County address, and complete a simple application in person.
Your income must fall below the following amount
1 person family $20,000 2 person family $24,000
3 person family $29,500 4 person family $32,500
5 person family $38,000 6 person family $40,500
7 person family $45,500 8+ person family $47,500
2. Your pet must be at least 6 months of age and in reasonably good health at the time of the surgery. Female dogs in heat will not be spayed until the heat period has passed.
3. The fee is $68 and must be paid at the time you sign up for the clinic. CASH ONLY ACCEPTED - no checks or credit cards. Rabies vaccination and tag is included in the fee.
4. Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies - either prior to surgery or at the time of surgery to receive this low cost.
5. Apply for the low-cost sterilization at the Peoria County Animal Protection Services/PCAPS, 2600 NE Perry Ave, Peoria, IL 61603. For more information call 309-672-2440 or visit their website.
1. You must be a resident of Peoria County
2. Your dog/cat must be vaccinated for rabies and registered in your name in Peoria County.
3. You must provide an up-to-date driver's license or ID card that shows your Peoria County address.
Recipients are asked to pay what they can afford toward the cost of surgeries.
Sometimes our program fills up months into the future. Feel free to contact some of the organizations below if you are in need of additional spay/neuter resources.
Other local spay/neuter programs:
Springfield APL: 217-789-7729 www.apl-shelter.org
Spay Illinois: 877-475-7729 www.spayillinois.org
Wish Bone: 309-808-4477 www.wishbonecaninerescue.org
Operation Safe: 815-743-5333 www.operationsafe.org
Purrsonalities (cats only): 309-360-7455 www.purrsonalities.net
Pet Food Help
The Peoria Humane Society, working in partnership with the Peoria County Animal Protection Services provides pet food at no cost to pet owners who are struggling financially and cannot afford to keep their pets. Pet owners may stop by PCAPS during normal business hours and pick up food.
Monday - Saturday 8am - 5pm. 2600 NE Perry Ave. Peoria.
The Peoria Humane Society also supplies pet food to many local food pantries.
Call them for information about pet food distribution:
East Bluff Community Center Food Pantry
512 E. Kansas St. Peoria, IL 61603
Hidden Manna Food Pantry
644 Park Ave. Peoria, IL 61603
Love in Action Food Pantry
Assembly of God Church
422 W. Truitt Ave. Chillicothe, IL 61523
Sophia's Kitchen Food Pantry
103 S. Richard Pryor Pl. Peoria, IL 61605
Washington Helps Its People (WHIP)
1235 Peoria St.
Washington, IL 61571
Want to help? DONATE HERE to help with local pet food pantries.