Details about Bark in the Park 2019
Bark in the Park is September 8, 2019 from 11am-3pm at Festival Park on the Peoria Riverfront.
Pre-registration fee - $25
Event Day Registration fee - $30.
Bark T-shirts and sizes will be guaranteed if registered by 8/1/19, after 8/1/19 t-shirts & sizes available as supplies last.
Each registration receives a Bark t-shirt & bandana (as supplies last), souvenir photo & may bring one dog. However, bringing your dog is optional. You can participate in & enjoy the event without a dog!
All event attendees 16 and over are required to pay the registration fee of $25 ($30 on event day).
Children under 16 are free, and must be accompanied by a registered adult.
Schedule of Events
10:45 Event-day registration opens
11:00 Event opens & activities begin!
11:30 Cake walk - for people and pups!
11:00 - 12:15 - Marvelous Mutt Show sign-up (behind stage)
12:00 The "Bark Walk" begins along the Riverfront
12:30 Great American Marvelous Mutt Show begins
1:30 Cake walk - for people and pups!
2:00 Raffle ticket sales end
Winners announced shortly after!
Marvelous Mutt Show - Mixed breed or purebred - all pooches are invited to show off their talents at a dog show celebrating marvelous mutts!
Paw Print Painting - Visit the Paw Print Painting tent to have your pooch make his/her own special paw print to take home.
Barkley's Fun Zone - Fun activities for people and pups including paw print painting, stuffed animal adoptions, games, and more!
Professional Photo - The Bark wouldn't be complete without a great souvenir photo of you and your dog! Visit the Bark photo area to have your photo taken by professional photographers.
Raffles - One lucky Barker will win $500 in the Bark Cash Raffle! $100 & $250 prizes are also awarded. And we've got lots of other fantastic raffle items donated by area businesses for you to win.
Exhibitor/Vendor Booths - Browse the various animal related vendors for great information, give-aways, or to purchase their products. There will also be adoption agencies present with adoptable dogs!
Walk for Animals - Join other animal lovers & dogs as they step out together to "walk for animals" along the riverfront.
PHS Tent - Visit the Peoria Humane Society tent where you can:
-Learn more about how PHS helps animals in our community
- Become a member
- Learn about volunteer opportunities
- Meet our amazing Pet Therapy dogs and volunteers!
Meet Donna Carr-Roberts - Local author/illustrator of the Adventure of Mr. Fuzzy Ears, and hear about her upcoming second book! Purchase your signed copy of Mr. Fuzzy Ears at the PHS tent.
Nail Trimming - Get a nail trim for your dog by a professional groomer for a small donation to Bark!
Food - Great food provided by local food vendors!
**Mastercard and Visa accepted at Registration and Merchandise tents only**
Great American Marvelous Mutt Show
Can Sheba sing? Does Dudley dance? Do you have a talented terrier? Well, get your clever canine registered for Bark and ready to strut their stuff at the show! 2019 Mutt Show Categories: Longest Ears, Shortest Ears, Fastest Wagger, Best Costume, Best Trick, Owner-Dog Look-a-like.
T shirt Pick up
Saturday, August 31, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Location: Peoria Humane Society, 2600 NE Perry, Peoria, IL
Thursday, September 5, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Location: Petsmart, 208 River Rd, East Peoria, IL
Rules and Recommendations
For Safety's Sake, Please:
- Use good judgement regarding temperament of your pet so that the event is enjoyable for everyone.
- Don't bring a dog whose behavior could be dangerous to others. Event officials reserve the right to refuse entry to aggressive or
- Walk the course with your dog only if both of you are conditioned for it.
- For safety reasons, ONLY ONE DOG per person.
- All dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and wear rabies tags - ID tags are also recommended.
- For health reasons, your puppy should be at least 6 months old and fully vaccinated.
- All dogs must be on a 6ft or shorter leash for the duration of the event, no retractable leashes.
- Do not bring a female dog in heat
- No cats or other pets
- No skateboards, bikes, or roller blades. Wagons and strollers are welcome.
- Be courteous and responsible. Please scoop up after your pet. Pick up bags will be available throughout the park.
Peoria Riverfront Festival Park