The Peoria Humane Society helps to fund a low cost spay and neuter program for residents of Peoria County. If you meet our income requirements, you can have your dog or cat spayed or neutered for only $68! This includes a rabies shot and registration tag.
1. You must provide your past year's IRS form or an approved proof of income, identification showing your current Peoria County address, and complete a simple application in person.
Your income must fall below the following amount
1 person family $20,000 2 person family $24,000
3 person family $29,500 4 person family $32,500
5 person family $38,000 6 person family $40,500
7 person family $45,500 8+ person family $47,500
2. Your pet must be at least 6 months of age and in reasonably good health at the time of the surgery. Female dogs in heat will not be spayed until the heat period has passed.
3. The fee is $68 and must be paid at the time you sign up for the clinic. CASH ONLY ACCEPTED - no checks or credit cards. Rabies vaccination and tag is included in the fee.
4. Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies - either prior to surgery or at the time of surgery to receive this low cost.
5. Apply for the low-cost sterilization at the Peoria County Animal Protection Services/PCAPS, 2600 NE Perry Ave, Peoria, IL 61603. For more information call 309-672-2440.
Get your pet spayed or neutered for your pet's health! This program is brought to you by the Peoria Humane Society and the Peoria County Veterinary Medical Association.
ATTENTION PEORIA COUNTY RESIDENTS:
Due to the overpopulation issues seen at the shelter, Peoria County offers a "pay what you can afford" spay or neuter program for ALL pit bull terriers (and pit bull mixes) and ALL cats! Please contact PCAPS at 309-672-2440 for details.
1. You must be a resident of Peoria County
2. Your dog/cat must be vaccinated for rabies and registered in your name in Peoria County.
3. You must provide an up-to-date driver's license or ID card that shows your Peoria County address.
Donations are accepted and will be put toward funding for future surgeries.
For more information on these programs, please call PCAPS at 309-672-2440.
Sometimes our program fills up months into the future. Feel free to contact some of the organizations below if you are in need of additional spay/neuter resources.
Other local spay/neuter programs:
Springfield APL: 217-789-7729 www.apl-shelter.org
Spay Illinois: 877-475-7729 www.spayillinois.org
Wish Bone: 309-808-4477 www.wishbonecaninerescue.org
Operation Safe: 815-743-5333 www.operationsafe.org
Purrsonalities (cats only): 309-360-7455 www.purrsonalities.net