The Peoria Humane Society helps to fund a low-cost spay and neuter program for residents of Peoria County. If you meet our income requirements, you can have your dog or cat spayed or neutered for only $68! This includes a rabies shot and registration tag.
1. You must provide your past year's IRS form or an approved proof of income, identification showing your current Peoria County address, and complete a simple application in person.
Your income must fall below the following amount
1 person family $20,000 2 person family $24,000
3 person family $29,500 4 person family $32,500
5 person family $38,000 6 person family $40,500
7 person family $45,500 8+ person family $47,500
2. Your pet must be at least 6 months of age and in reasonably good health at the time of the surgery. Female dogs in heat will not be spayed until the heat period has passed.
3. The fee is $68 and must be paid at the time you sign up for the clinic. CASH ONLY ACCEPTED - no checks or credit cards. Rabies vaccination and tag is included in the fee.
4. Your pet must be vaccinated against rabies - either prior to surgery or at the time of surgery to receive this low cost.
1. You must be a resident of Peoria County
2. Your dog/cat must be vaccinated for rabies and registered in your name in Peoria County.
3. You must provide an up-to-date driver's license or ID card that shows your Peoria County address.
Recipients are asked to pay what they can afford toward the cost of surgeries.
Sometimes our program fills up months into the future. Feel free to contact some of the organizations below if you are in need of additional spay/neuter resources.
Other local spay/neuter programs: