Details about Bark in the Park 2017
Bark in the Park is October 15, 2017 from 11am-3pm at Festival Park on the Peoria Riverfront.
Pre-registration fee - $25
Event Day Registration fee - $30.
Bark T-shirts and sizes will be guaranteed if registered by 8/15/17, after 8/15/17 t-shirts & sizes available as supplies last.
Each registration receives a Bark t-shirt & bandana (as supplies last), souvenir photo & may bring one dog. However, bringing your dog is optional. You can participate in & enjoy the event without a dog!
All event attendees 16 and over are required to pay the registration fee of $25 ($30 on event day).
Children under 16 are free, and must be accompanied by a registered adult.
Schedule of Events
11:00 Event-day registration opens & activities begin!
11:00 - 12:15 - Marvelous Mutt Show sign-up (behind stage)
12:00 - The "Bark Walk" begins along the Riverfront
12:30 - Great American Marvelous Mutt Show begins
2:00 Raffle ticket sales end
Winners announced shortly after!
Marvelous Mutt Show - mixed breed or purebred - all pooches are invited to show off their talents at a dog show celebrating marvelous mutts! Marvelous Mutt Show categories include Waggiest Tail, Terrific Pet Trick, Best Doggie Duds, Crazy Doggie Hair-do, and Cutest Couple.
Kids Activity Center - face painting, stuffed animal adoption, and crafts.
Pawprint Painting - volunteers help your dog create a special commemorative pawprint painting to take home.
Professional Photo - Have a souvenir photo taken of you and your dog.
Cash Raffle - enter to win $100, $250, $500 cash!
Raffle tent - Win one of our fabulous raffle baskets! Tickets are $2 each or 12/$20.
Exhibitor/Vendor Booths - browse the various animal related vendors for great information, give-aways, or to purchase their products. There will also be adoption agencies present with adoptable dogs!
Walk for Animals - Join other animal lovers & dogs as they join together to "walk for animals" along the riverfront.
Nail Trimming - get a nail trim for your dog by a professional groomer for a small donation to Bark!
Food - great food provided by Papa Murphy's Pizza, Haddad's and Emily's Tattoo Tamales!
Great American Marvelous Mutt Show
Does Scout Skateboard? Can Dottie dance? Do you have a talented terrier? Well, get your clever canine registered for Bark and ready to strut their stuff at the show! Marvelous Mutt Show categories include Waggiest Tail, Terrific Pet Trick, Best Doggie Duds, Crazy Doggie Hair-do, and Cutest Couple.
T shirt Pick up
Saturday, October 7, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 12, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Location: Peoria Humane Society, 2600 NE Perry, Peoria, IL
Rules and Recommendations
For Safety's Sake, Please:
- Use good judgement regarding temperament of your pet so that the event is enjoyable for everyone.
- Don't bring a dog whose behavior could be dangerous to others. Event officials reserve the right to refuse entry to aggressive dogs.
- Walk the course with your dog only if both of you are conditioned for it.
- For safety reasons, ONLY ONE DOG per person.
- All dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and wear rabies tags - ID tags are also recommended.
- For health reasons, your puppy should be at least 6 months old and fully vaccinated.
- All dogs must be on a 6ft or shorter leash for the duration of the event, no retractable leashes.
- Do not bring a female dog in heat
- No cats or other pets
- No skateboards, bikes, or roller blades. Wagons and strollers are welcome.
- Be courteous and responsible. Please scoop up after your pet. Pick up bags will be available throughout the park.
Peoria Riverfront Festival Park